Just curious...

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Per_Killer
Orc Zombie

Just curious...

Post by Per_Killer » Thu 31.10.2002, 23:29

It seems like very few people neither know about, or play this game. Do you guys that are playing it think thats good, or would you like to see more people in this gaming-world ? Seems like many people that play such games, or don't play at all, are very afraid of commerciality. Are you guys like that too? ;D Games like Counter-Strike or Tibia (http://www.tibia.com) has several thousands of players, while I've roughly seen about 100 different people in this game, even though this is way cooler =)

Crimson
King Lich

Re: Just curious...

Post by Crimson » Fri 01.11.2002, 13:09

There's a disction to be made about "commercial" vs "popular" though.

I've personally no issues with mangband becommnig a lot more popular.  However, it will always be non-commercial.  (in fact, this was a great deal of the issue with our recent spat with ithinksw).
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Per_Killer
Orc Zombie

Re: Just curious...

Post by Per_Killer » Fri 01.11.2002, 14:33

Hmm, true. :) Btw, is there a gfx/sound-package included for MAngband, or could you use the gfx included in ZAngband in some way ? The reason why I ask, is cause I wish that more people would like this game, specially my RL-friends ;) Even if I like the ASCII-gfx better, I can understand that this can be a bit frightening for someone new to this type of game. If there is possible to use gfx/snd for MAngband it would have been nice if you made a package to DL and install into the MAngband-client folder, instead of posting a long howto which most n00bs wouldn't even bother trying to read ;)