Final release of AMPFI

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Berendol
Evil Iggy

Final release of AMPFI

Post by Berendol » Tue 26.11.2002, 16:30

I just posted the final release of AMPFI.. version 4.9.1, if anyone cares to use it. Anyways I'm done and will not be working on it any more. I have a much better project in the works that will supercede AMPFI eventually. So, if you're one to use such a spoiler-like utility, go ahead and download it. If you've never heard of it, go to the page and read the "About" section to see what it is. Also, please read the parts of the page labelled "Etiquette" before using it on Mangband!

Here's where you go to get it: http://www.rit.edu/~djl5698/angband/ampfi.htm
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Volrak
Seedy Looking Human

Re: Final release of AMPFI

Post by Volrak » Wed 27.11.2002, 07:41

I downloaded the zip package, but had problems extracting one of the files in it.  

For AMPFI-400-Full.zip WinZip 8.1 said:
[pre]skipping: prjAmpfi.CAB          unsupported compression method 28957[/pre]
WinRar didn't know how to handle that file either.  The other two files in the archive could be extracted without problems.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 27.11.2002, 13:14

After a little investigation into the cause of the corrupted ZIP files, the problem seems to be that I accidentally told my program to publish the zip files in ASCII mode.  ::) I'm not sure if that's what really happened but... sorry about that!!! Anyways I have downloaded and tested all of the zip files with WinRAR 3.10 beta 2 and they work fine.

If you need a newer version of WinRar... here's the website:
http://www.rarlab.com/

Volrak
Seedy Looking Human

Post by Volrak » Fri 29.11.2002, 04:30

The new file you stuck up there worked fine.

It's a nifty little program, but a few glitches here and there, some of them due to the limitations of VB, and many of which you mentioned in the readme files.  Still, it can be handy if you don't quite remember what some monster or item does.  Good luck to you in writing your new and improved program  :)

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 29.11.2002, 15:39

Thanks. I'm aware of a lot of the glitches but like I said.. it's discontinued. The new program is almost ready for beta release pending the addition of a few glitch protection measures like disabling appropriate menu commands, etc. So don't forget.. get .net (oh no, I sound like a commercial)