Wormtounge abuse??

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Fateless
Mean-Looking Mercenary

Wormtounge abuse??

Post by Fateless » Mon 12.02.2007, 14:29

Hi, wasnt sure how to name the topic in this, but when wormtounge respawns, is it posible just to hang around that level or a few deeper,  kit yourself out with what he drops when he respawns, rinse and repeat while your low level?

That could be abusable. Kinda make the next 500ft damned easy.

Im guessing that Ironman games have the respawn as well, now that would be a great boost...hmm.

Fateless.
???

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Re: Wormtounge abuse??

Post by Fink » Mon 12.02.2007, 15:37

Things will begin to respawn over time on a level, and of course uniques are on a timer. So, yes, you could I guess sit and attempt to farm wormtongue. I don't know that hanging out on your current level would be any better than just diving and waiting for him to respawn - which then pretty much just starts sounding like normal gameplay.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Wormtounge abuse??

Post by Warrior » Tue 13.02.2007, 12:26

Well, say you only have 2 hours every week to play mangband but you can pick the time of day yourself, then I guess this would be the perfect strategy, just convert the uniques respawn time to hours and log in the minute he respawns, find him (if you're lucky, it's not a guarantee at all that he'll spawn on your level) - then kill him and log out. If there was some kinda score/time indication anywhere you'd probably do well on that. In theory. Or just get deleted when the character audit reveals that you've got much too great items compared to your experience)

:)

But if you're a regular player you'll do much better with just playing normally.

So, abusable, but theoretical.

As for Ironman, clearing out a level, leaving and then coming back when it's respawned might be the best way to play in certain stages of the game.
-- Mangband Project Team Member