Oldyzs says goodbye

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Oldyzs
Black Yeek

Oldyzs says goodbye

Post by Oldyzs » Mon 23.07.2007, 16:16

Well I finally died died  :'( Has been a fun experience for this mom of 41 but very time consumin. Wish I had a more dignified death sadly it was pathetic! I was a ghost in the wall,  for hours I waited for a save and something came through the wall and zapped me. I didn't realize that your only safe if ya log out  :P. Anyways,  thanx to all the MAngband crew for all your help while I learned the game. Like I said for someone like me it just takes my sorry arse a insanly amount of time to build up a character so this is goodbye. Whoever finds my Shield of Thorin enjoy, and keep your eyes open for my 3 pairs of speed boots!!!

GOODLUCK ALL AND HAPPY HUNTIN!!  ;)

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Oldyzs says goodbye

Post by Warrior » Mon 23.07.2007, 16:52

One doesn't end up with almost 8 million experience points without having invested a lot of time in the game, well done and congratulations with 8'th place on the High Score!

Oldyzs the Level 50 Dwarf Paladin was killed by a Drakolisk at 2050 like so many, many many other adventurers before, one of the most classic deaths of all.

I'm glad to hear you've had fun playing, it's been nice playing with you, I think this game has a lot of potential when it comes to satisfying 41 year old moms, hopefully we'll have many more coming. :)
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Re: Oldyzs says goodbye

Post by Fink » Mon 23.07.2007, 21:22

And remember that MAngband isn't going anywhere, so do roll back for some more dungeon crawling when the mood strikes you ;)