PWMangband 1.0.0 temporary testing server is up!!!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

PWMangband 1.0.0 temporary testing server is up!!!

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 25.12.2007, 19:07

I've put up a testing server for the forthcoming PWMangband 1.0.0. This is not a dedicated server and will be up only when I'm connected to my PC.
You will need a new client to connect to this server. Grab it here:
http://powerwyrm.fr.tc/PWMangband/PWMangband.zip
And feel free to come and test the new features... the server will appear as "powerwyrm.dyndns.org" on the metaserver, and I will usually be there.

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Tue 25.12.2007, 22:11

Possibly a bug. It seemed at the exact same time a Battle Scared veteran attacked me. The server crashed? Hrm, this isn't a good thing if its really a bug.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 26.12.2007, 11:44

Sorry it's not a bug... my ADSL line is horribly fucked up as soon as the weather is not *perfect* (too cold, too hot, rainy, windy...), when it's holidays, weekends, evening... almost all the time :)
I saw you tried to connect to the server when my line was croaking almost every 5 seconds... you better try when I'm connected, it would ensure that the server at least is running :)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 26.12.2007, 11:54

Done:
#73 Implement BIND_NAME, MAINTAINER options in config file -> BIND_NAME implemented, MAINTAINER removed
#119 Angband.rc still shows version 0.7.0 for client -> corrected
#201 Temple gives gold on resurrection -> temple gives (100 * charlevel / nbdeaths) gold now on resurrection
#203 Number of lives is not counted correctly -> corrected

BTW, the wilderness was totally fucked up when I removed this test in determine_wilderness_type():
if ((rand_int(100) < 101) && (w_ptr->type != WILD_CLONE)) w_ptr->type = WILD_CLONE;
Since rand_int(100) is always between 0 and 99, I removed the test, thinking it was useless... but the call to rand_int() here was initializing the RNG when the terrain was a clone!!! What a damn horrible way to to this...
I did put the test back to correct the problem, now characters may wander in the wilderness again without crashing the server.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 27.12.2007, 10:08

Another batch of updates:
#7 Pseudo-id should override name of unique who dropped item -> pseudo-id now simply overwrites any inscription on an object
#25 Melee locks out player commands -> corrected, and I hope I got this one right
#40 New towny behaviour -> added a MAX_TOWNIES option in cfg file to limit the number of townies in town
#44 Quarks run short -> QUARK_MAX increased to 1024
#70 "You feel less berserk now" message plays while player is a ghost -> the berserk flag is now cleared when a character dies
#111 Special text persists onscreen when escape is pressed too quickly -> client now discards PKT_SPECIAL_LINE if screen is not icky
#113 PVP: party membership not always checked when setting "hostile" or attacking -> a player cannot be added to a party anymore if he's hostile toward any member of the party
#118 Ghosted characters show up as - instead of @ -> corrected

Party changes:
- anyone in a party can now add a player to the party (waiting for the owner to be online was a PitA...)
- hostility now disappears when a character logs off... this should fix all hostility problems (I don't like PvP anyway, so don't count on me to fix remaining PvP bugs...)

Other fixes:
- monster name was not properly saved in wr_monster()
- new level-dependent monster info (ac, speed, blows...) was not saved in the server savefile/loaded from the server savefile, leading to monsters not attacking players anymore after a server shutdown/restart (oops sorry :oops: )

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Thu 27.12.2007, 19:31

Nice! We really appreciate the work your doing on this variant. My Box is dieing to have it up and running again. It can't wait and neither can I =).

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 28.12.2007, 00:27

Next batch of updates:

#121 Implement RES_NEXUS for monsters -> done, also implemented RES_PLASMA, RES_DISEN and RES_WATER
#122 Implement HALLU in monsters -> done
#125 Priest Spell: Detect Evil -> done
#146 Priest Spell: Earthquake -> done
#154 Priest Spell: Glyph of Warding -> done
#159 Priest Spell: Teleport Level -> done
#160 Priest Spell: Word of Recall -> done
#163 Priest Spell: Detection -> done
#165 Priest Spell: Probing -> done, also added monster ac, speed, level and attacks in the info returned
#183 s16b target_who compared to MAX_M_IDX (32768) -> fixed
#224 Enchant/Ident Spells mix up -> fixed
#228 Get username in Windows -> done

Awesome news!!! The vanilla 1.0.0 Mang source diffs are now available... which means I'm gonna be able to implement most of the bug fixes and enhancements from vanilla 1.0.0. Stay tuned for more exciting news... in the meantime, the testing server will still be up sporadically during the next few days for testing purposes.