Aligning PWMAngband with MAngband 1.0.0 source code...

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

Aligning PWMAngband with MAngband 1.0.0 source code...

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 24.01.2008, 13:16

If you wondered why there wasn't any PWMAngband server up at the moment, it's only because I'm implementing the bugfixes and most of the enhancements from vanilla MAngband, and the result is not stable enough to set up a server (it doesn't even compile)...
On my way to a stable version, I've also corrected issues that were not raised in the MAngband bug database (artifacts crushing other artifacts, starlight effect, new character resistance display, new item description display, player stores...) and expanded a step further the implementation of the new info files on the server (vanilla MAngband added them but didn't really implement them on the server).
I also plan to rapidly implement the following:
- item and racial flags from Angband 3.0.x (some are missing or different in MAngband)
- remap the do_cmd_spike() method to a command on the client, so that jamming doors with iron spikes is available again
- nerf the experience earned from breeders (especially nonmoving breeders)
- redo rogue spells (one more time for balancing purposes, like I did for sorceror spells recently)
- add all descriptions for objects, egos, artifacts in the new info files
- quests ("find and kill n foo"... should be easy to do, the basic structure already exists in the source code)
- class restrictions at birth (the flag exists in the race info, but it is never used)
- display additional information at birth during the selection (see Angband 3.0.x)
And if I have time, I'm gonna inverstigate the IsoBand source code from the ToME CVS repository to see if an isometric view would be possible for the client (it looks so f***ing nice with ToME).

kamrin
Black Yeek

Post by kamrin » Thu 24.01.2008, 22:19

And here i thought you had dropped off the face of the planet while i drove around the country but i'm glad you're still working on it i suppose i'll play at the mangband.org server instead until you get it ready to go again ;)
Dammit mom my @ got eaten by a D don't you f'in understand?!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 25.01.2008, 01:31

Temporary server is back up with an experimental version that I managed to compile tonight... it works, but major bugs have risen due to the implementation of the new features (and I suppose those exist in the new vanilla MAngband too):
- problem when generating a char after typing the password (need to press escape key to continue)
- all object descriptions are displayed in white
- all flavored items are displayed in black (they have lost their attr/char values)
- all non flavored items are automatically identified
I'm gonna correct those quickly then resume work on the missing features. I'll try to keep the latest version of the client up to date at http://powerwyrm.fr.tc/PWMangband/PWMan ... client.zip for adventurous people to try the server while I'm testing...

kamrin
Black Yeek

Post by kamrin » Fri 25.01.2008, 06:52

Is the server showing up on the meta list? Or are you hiding it?;)
Dammit mom my @ got eaten by a D don't you f'in understand?!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Sat 26.01.2008, 00:34

No, it's showing on the meta as powerwyrm.dyndns.org, but it's not up very often because 1) it's on my own PC so I need to be connected and 2) it goes down each time I'm fixing a bug or implementing a feature, then I put it up again for testing purposes.
By the way... the 4 major problems I exposed in my previous post are now fixed. Resuming work from my todo list... (updated client can be found at the usual location)

Billsey
King Vampire

Post by Billsey » Wed 30.01.2008, 03:49

Why don't you generate some tickets for us when you find bugs in the current 1.0.0 trunk? I quick explanation of the bug and how you fixed it would make it a lot easier to roll those back into the main source...

Bill

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 31.01.2008, 12:16

How do you generate tickets again? If I wait too long I'm gonna forget how I corrected all the stuff I did for PWMAngband that surely need to be fixed in current 1.0.0 trunk...

Billsey
King Vampire

Post by Billsey » Thu 31.01.2008, 16:06

Ask Jug for a login, then click on the 'New Ticket' link. I'm guessing the link doesn't show up for guest level access.