PWMAngband 1.0.1 is out for beta testing

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

PWMAngband 1.0.1 is out for beta testing

Post by PowerWyrm » Sat 15.03.2008, 01:16

New PWMAngband 1.0.1 released!
(test server updated, new client available at usual location)

List of changes:
- fixed scrambled message in do_cmd_study() again
- fixed sleep_monster() and poly_monster(): saving throw was miscalculated
- fixed py_attack_player() and py_attack_mon(): % chance of monks scoring a stunning attack was miscalculated
- the error message for disconnected clients has been changed from "Can't read on socket" to "Disconnected from server..."
- removed all spam messages "Connection not ready for..." when client connection is in the CONN_QUIT state (player saved in the dungeon, waiting for timeout)
- fixed item_tester_hook_ammo(): players should not be able to brand magic ammo
- added a console command to kill cheating players: wrath (playername)
- changed Check_names() so that the DM can connect another character when already connected as DM and LIMIT_PLAYER_CONNECTIONS is set to TRUE
- items enchanted/branded by a spell are now 100% off
- removed useless player_type fields: old_spells, old_cumber_glove, old_cumber_armor, old_heavy_shoot, old_heavy_wield, old_icky_wield, old_cumber_shield
- removed obsolete player_type fields (effects): fast, slow, blind, paralyzed, confused, afraid, image, poisoned, cut, stun, protevil, invuln, hero, shero, shield, blessed, tim_invis, tim_infra, oppose_acid, oppose_elec, oppose_fire, oppose_cold, oppose_pois, amnesia, tim_wraith, tim_meditation, tim_manashield, tim_invisibility, tim_mimic, tim_traps, bow_brand, tim_esp, st_anchor, prob_travel, adrenaline and biofeedback
- Angband 3.0.x player_type.timed effects implemented
- removed pointless message (and disturbance) when a monster casts heal spell at full health
- new MotD (Angband 3.0.x style)

Alignments with MAngband 1.0.0:
- "Mage Spell: Treasure Detection": done
- "Windows pref files not working": fixed
- "Handle new meta-server": done
- "Make rubble 2 tiles wide": done
- "Looking and Targeting (round 2)": done
- "Enable online ladder": done
- "Special levels show up in standard MAngband": fixed
- "Missing mangband.cfg options": done
- "tcp_socket should be tcp_port": done

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 17.03.2008, 19:13

Had to do some quick fixes... so there is a new release (savefiles are compatible with 1.0.1, so I didn't reset the instance on the test server... yeah Kamrin, your char is still alive :))

New PWMAngband 1.0.2 released!
(test server updated, new client available at usual location)

List of changes:
- fixed enchant_spell_aux(): items enchanted with scrolls were made 100% off... it was supposed to be items enchanted with spells
- fixed save_prefs_aux(): values in mangband.ini for PositionX and PositionY could be negative
- fixed load_server_info(): special levels were not loaded when server was created the first time
- fixed shutdown_server(): all objects were lost upon shutdown on levels with players still on them
- scrolls of life now cost 500 gold like in vanilla MAngband

Alignments with MAngband 1.0.0:
- "Create Item feature (Dungeon Master Commands)": done, but differently (checks for impossible items added, better interface, crash when using next/previous fixed, commands doing nothing removed, missing item values like bpval and dd handled correctly...)
- "Packet error on store entry": fixed
- "scroll of *Aquirement* doesn't generate "great" item": fixed the negative depth problem (instead of preventing acquirement in the wilderness, the function will use 2 + wild_info[DEPTH].radius / 2 as base depth)
- "Special levels broken in Ironman": fixed (the levels will be slightly different from the ones in vanilla MAng, because PWMAng has different terrain features)
- "Force macro dumps into lowercase": done
- "Shops are a bit too full": fixed
- "Shops have too many sales": fixed, but I didn't change STORE_SHUFFLE (it already takes enough time waiting for the stupid low purse shopkeepers to go away without increasing that further...)

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Fri 28.03.2008, 17:15

Woah, a lot of stuff changed sense I was gone. Good work PW =). Well, sadly my whole plan to help keep it running failed miserably but I tryed. I'll try to jump on it again as soon as I can remember my server's login :oops: Haha, goodjob man hopfully I can be around a lot more =).

Well, I just tryed to connect to my box remotely but sadly its not on. A lot of good that is eh? Well, I guess I'll try to fix everything all up and stuff soon so people can play PW more. See what I can do hopfully by next week.

(Sorry if mistakes havn't typed in awhile.)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Sat 29.03.2008, 19:01

Yes your box isn't on... I tried to connect via FileZilla and it didn't work. By next week I'll have released 1.0.3 probably with a huge amount of bugfixes and new features, mainly to match the new MAngband 1.1.0.
There just seems to be a serious problem with mangband.org DNS configuration at the moment (I can connect to the website, forums, meta, server... once in a while but most of the time it can't be reached from my home PC or even at work... seems like connection between France and UK is broken :wink: ).

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Mon 31.03.2008, 17:54

I just had a friend turn the box on. So once you complete the fix just send the compiled files via FTP to pwmangband.ath.cx you know the login (lowcase p in powerwyrm hehe for name)

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: PWMAngband 1.0.1 is out for beta testing

Post by Hades » Mon 07.04.2008, 16:54

Well, I just found out that my box keeps on blowing out the fuses in the house, and it keeps on repeatidly turning on and off for no reason. Sadly, I am not their to fix it. And won't be for sometime. Sorry guys I tryed =(. It must have a loose peice somewhere which is causeing it to restart, you know, old shaky house vibrates with every step, knocks peice loose and goes into an endless loop of restarting. (No no virus brand new OS and was doing this before the new OS ;).) Sorry, I'll work on it ASAP no promises.

-Later
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!