PWMAngband 1.1.1 is out!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

PWMAngband 1.1.1 is out!

Post by PowerWyrm » Sat 23.08.2008, 21:03

New PWMAngband 1.1.1 released!
(client and server binaries available at usual location)

This release principally includes the last changes and bugfixes from MAngband 1.1.1. The MAng 1.1.1 client can connect again to PWMAng 1.1.1 server, but it won't work properly so I encourage people wanting to try PWMAngband 1.1.1 to download the proper client.
The client has been renamed to PWMangband_111_client.zip. Since it's a milestone version, I've also uploaded a zip file containing the server for PWMangband. Feel free to try either my test server (non permanent and up only when I'm sitting in front of my computer) or your own server. A permanent server for this variant would really be appreciated :)

List of changes:
- fixed do_cmd_describe(): pressing 'r' when the cursor was not positioned on a monster was crashing the server
- DM summoning menu simplified: no more summon orcs/low undead/high undead (outdated: use race name instead)
- fake array size set to 100000 in limits.txt and monster_race.text type extended from u16b to u32b to allow all monster descriptions to be stored correctly
- fixed describe_monster_attack(): some monster attack descriptions were missing
- player_type.info array size increased from 128 to 384
- new PWMANG_BASE monsters (5): mimics (they use a random object symbol for display, and can appear in mimic pits)
- 1 more PWMANG_BASE monster added in monster.txt
- anti-magic effect has been lowered further for party members
- new monster flag: ANTI_MAGIC (surrounds the monster with an anti-magic field which prevents players from casting spells)
- evil knights now all use a black color for display (black knights, death knights...)

Alignments with MAngband 1.x:
- Font lock not release on Windows client: fixed
- Dropping 'A'll gold doesn't work: done
- Allow fine-grained control of DM powers: done
- Gardens in the wilderness should regrow over time: done
- Misplaced text (depth) bug: fixed
- Reimplement Monster Recall: this has been done slightly differently in PWMAngband (the '/' command allows to enter a string which will be used as monster symbol if length = 1 or as partial monster name if length > 1)
- Allow ghost diving: done
- Overly dramatic messages "SERVER ERROR": fixed
- Small client consistency update: done
- Monsters taking a turn should use energy: fixed

Alignments with Angband 3.x:
- none