Patches/builds for PWMAngband 1.1.2

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

Patches/builds for PWMAngband 1.1.2

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 14.05.2009, 21:36

New patch 1.1.2.1 for PWMAngband 1.1.2 released!
(client, server and source code available at usual location)

This patch breaks server and savefile compatibility. Use the PWMAngband 1.1.2.1 client to play on corresponding servers. Mainly a bugfix release with a critical bug fixed, plus the addition of vanilla's Sound FX Patch.

List of changes:
- enhancement: the duration of the Touch of Death spell has been slightly increased again
- bugfix & enhancement: townies now never disturb players
- bugfix: the time factor of the closest player's time bubble was not applied for monster regeneration rate
- bugfix: when using a poison branded weapon, the messages "The (foo) is poisoned!" and "You hit the (foo)." were inverted
- bugfix: in some rare cases, the connection was destroyed twice when a player failed to connect to a server
- bugfix: queued events were not flushed properly when leaving a store, resulting in the map not being refreshed properly
- enhancement: the levels and rarities of Amulets of Terken, of the Moon and of Speed have been slightly altered
- enhancement: added a modified version of Craig Oliver's Sound FX Patch with over 100 sound effects
- bugfix: the map was not updated correctly at sunrise/sunset
- bugfix: the map was not updated correctly when a player was repositioned in the tavern
- enhancement: firing/throwing objects at players/monsters now simply ignores them if not hostile
- enhancement: casting harmful spells at players/monsters now simply ignores them if not hostile
- bugfix: the chat window was not refreshed when the main screen was icky
- bugfix & enhancement: some missing melee attack effects (RBE_XXX) have been added for polymorphed players using melee attacks (especially for PvP)
- enhancement: finally removed all non-Win32 code
- CRITICAL BUGFIX: savefile names are not truncated to 8 characters anymore, removing the possibility of players hacking characters with names longer than 8 characters

Alignments with Angband 3.x:
- Move signals code to signals.c (Angband 3.0.8)
- Turn on ALLOW_FEAR and ALLOW_TERROR permanently (Angband 3.0.8): the corresponding #defines have been removed
- Up the macro limit (Angband 3.0.8): MACRO_MAX increased from 256 to 512
- Remove some old MSDOS and 16-bit Windows support bits (Angband 3.0.8)
- Rods can now be destroyed by lightning (Angband 3.0.8)
- Allow weapons and armour to be damaged instead of destroyed by inventory damage effects (Angband 3.0.8)

Features/problems partially implemented/fixed:
- Global Settings (client): MAngband 1.2

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Patches/builds for PWMAngband 1.1.2

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 27.05.2009, 18:56

New patch 1.1.2.2 for PWMAngband 1.1.2 released!

This patch breaks server and savefile compatibility again (sorry, I had to fix a critical bug with item ownership... and since I didn't want to put a lot of ugly hacks to fix the savefiles, you'll have to restart a clean server instance with this release). Use the PWMAngband 1.1.2.2 client to play on corresponding servers.
A quick bugfix version with an improved and simplified auto-retaliator.

List of changes:
- enhancement: new simplified auto-retaliator (only auto-retaliate when we have a target)
- enhancement: archers can auto-retaliate with missiles by inscribing them with !P
- enhancement: auto-retaliator can be disabled completely by inscribing any item with !O
- bugfix: the character birth screen was not displayed when creating a character corresponding to a savefile that was manually deleted

Alignments with MAngband 1.x:
- Monitor DM presence: done
- Include depth of death in dump: done
- Scene of Death should include status line: done
- When the DM is the only player logged into the game @ displays "(nothing)": fixed
- Real-time detect: done
- Temple gives too much gold on resurrection: done
- Store purchase logging: done
- Item ownership: done

- Chat channels (MAngband 1.2)
- Reimplement Monster Recall (MAngband 1.2)
- Fix extra windows (MAngband 1.2)
- Integrate 0.7.2 audit into 1.* (MAngband 1.2)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 28.05.2009, 19:26

New patch 1.1.2.3 for PWMAngband 1.1.2 released!

Ok the last version was very short lived!
I found some nasty bugs in the code that parses server and character savefiles (in particular, all the "read_xxx" helper functions simply terminate the server as soon as an error is detected, instead of reporting that error), so I took a little time to rewrite some parts of that code...
Of course this patch breaks server and savefile compatibility again (I hope it will be the last time in a while...).
Use the PWMAngband 1.1.2.3 client to play on corresponding servers.

List of changes:
- enhancement: functions that help parsing savefiles now return an error code instead of aborting the program brutally for cleaner error management
- enhancement: the full version (major, minor, patch, extra) is now saved in character and server savefiles
- enhancement: character and server savefiles are now rejected if version is lower than a minimum defined version

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Thu 28.05.2009, 20:54

upgrading now =).

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 29.05.2009, 11:14

Found a nasty bug with the auto-retaliator that makes 1.1.2.3 unplayable. Expect another update tonight.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 29.05.2009, 18:04

New patch 1.1.2.4 for PWMAngband 1.1.2 released!

As I said, a quick bugfix release to fix a critical bug in the main server loop related to the auto-retaliator. This is only a server update, no need to get the corresponding client.

List of changes:
- bugfix: the monster list (window) was not refreshed when the player was leaving a level
- bugfix: the auto_retaliator was crashing the server when a player changed depth
- enhancement: the maximum slowdown factor for bullet time has been decreased from 10x to 5x

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Fri 29.05.2009, 18:32

Hi!

Does your version include documentation?
Also is it possible to swithc things on and off (bullet time, extra races, items etc)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Sun 31.05.2009, 17:18

Nope, no documentation... the variant is basically MAngband, so the MAngband documentation applies. For any new addition, check the posts on this forum, they describe all changes in detail (I'm basically too lazy to maintain a centralized list of all changes).
Some things can be switched on/off using the cfg file, others can be changed via client/server options. Main features like bullet time can't be changed...

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Sun 31.05.2009, 17:29

Next weekend I'll organize all the changes and everything into a huge list and easy to read for the common people like us format =). I'll throw it up in a post, and have some real documentation in download form that i will put up on my FTP that anyone can download if they wish. Sound good? =)

-Hades/Later
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 02.06.2009, 12:13

I did a post like that when I started the variant, but deleted it after a while because, with the constant changes, it was too long and impossible to maintain. Feel free to make a file available to download, it could be helpful.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 05.06.2009, 22:34

New patch 1.1.2.5 for PWMAngband 1.1.2 released!
(all files available at usual location for download)

This release mainly fixes a bug with ego light sources. I also replaced the project path calculation method (mmove2) by the new one from vanilla Angband (project_path). New client 1.1.2.5 is required to play on 1.1.2.5 servers. Savefiles didn't change.

Files updated: client + server + src

List of changes:
- enhancement: refuelling a lamp with another lamp doesn't use up the other lamp anymore, but just its fuel (see Angband 3.0.9)
- enhancement: it's now possible to refuel a torch with an empty torch (empty torches still give 5 extra turns of fuel, see Angband 3.0.9)
- bugfix & enhancement: the fuel level for fuelable torches and lamps now uses the "timeout" field (same as Angband 3.0.9) instead of the "pval" field to avoid silly ego light sources such as "a wooden torch of shadows (+3000 to stealth)"
- bugfix: dungeon map/monster recall windows were not refreshed when a player was changing depth
- bugfix & enhancement: wands/rods of disarming now reveal secret doors as described in the object.txt file and implemented in Angband 3.0.9 (secret door = closed door, locked door or jammed door)
- bugfix: the Stone Prison spell now correctly updates view, light and monsters around the caster
- enhancement: the project() method has been rewritten using the new project_path() method as implemented in Angband 3.0.9; project path calculations have been updated consequently in the code (all "projectable" tests and fire/throw commands)
- bugfix & enhancement: all spells now pass through the dungeon master
- bugfix: nether based spells were not seen as threatening spells

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Sat 06.06.2009, 18:39

This update is seemingly crashing a lot. Without warning... I look in the logs and it seems to just freeze and stay frozen until I restart it... Cause is unknown to me.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Sat 06.06.2009, 20:47

This is fixed. Not related to last update, but a bug in the Mang code resulting from the addition of monster inventories in 1.1.0.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 12.06.2009, 20:33

New patch 1.1.2.6 for PWMAngband 1.1.2 released!
(all files available at usual location for download)

Misc bugfixes and enhancements. New client 1.1.2.6 is required to play on 1.1.2.6 servers (note: the Win client has been partially rewritten, expect small changes compared to the old client GUI). Savefiles didn't change, but a little manual update is required for the server savefile, due to the fix of the "fake" objects/monsters creation bug:
- stop the server
- open the server savefile
- find section <monsters>
- remove the first <monster> entry (it should be "a <player>")
- find section <objects>
- remove the first <item> entry (it should be "(nothing)")
- save the file
- update with 1.1.2.6 server binary
- restart the server

Files updated: client + server + lib + src

List of changes:
- enhancement: random artifacts coming from a worthless base item or inducing random teleportation are now the only worthless random artifacts (this allows random artifacts with "mixed" properties -- good and bad)
- bugfix: the server was crashing when sending a message via the console with the "msg" command
- bugfix: ghosts could pick up gold automatically when having "always_pickup" on
- bugfix: in some cases, the server could hang (endless loop) when a player walked on items dropped from monster inventories
- bugfix: monsters didn't melee players standing in a wall
- bugfix: monster/object lists (m_list/o_list) should never be used with index 0; not respecting this was creating "fake" objects/monsters at location (0,0) in town or in the dungeon
- enhancement: the DM_NEVER_DISTURB flag has been removed (useless flag); all confused and erratically moving characters are now unable to run
- enhancement: the rarity of lamps has been lowered
- bugfix: only spells that do damage to a specific monster (race) are now seen as a threat
- bugfix: refilling lamps with oil was broken
- enhancement: the Windows Client was rewritten to match the Angband 3.x client more closely
- bugfix: the message term was not refreshed at start
- bugfix: menu size was taken into account when computing subterms size (which don't have a menu)
- bugfix: the monster recall window was tracking the "<player>" race when no monster was around
- enhancement: hitpoint warning, delay factor and auto-squelch level are now saved in the options.prf file

Alignments with MAngband 1.x:
- Purchase by pick-up: done
- Character history and death: done

- Integrate 0.7.2 audit into 1.* (MAngband 1.2)
- Chat channels (MAngband 1.2)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Sat 13.06.2009, 17:09

I reuploaded the client today, it had a minor bug I wanted to fix...