BigJuan is a Punk!

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Re: BigJuan is a Punk!

Post by Avenger » Sat 18.02.2006, 11:34

Thank you Kull, this is much appreciated.

Fink, not all the older players are here to ruin what you've been building. I personally came back to do what I could to protect the community against Kull(which isn't much given my total lack of skills at this time), and I believe Narchan came back for something of the same reason. Now that Kull has removed himself as a threat, I plan to continue to play in the way I always have; that is, a futile effort to get to level 50 before the next reset or until I die to something unpleasant. Warrior/Zaphod is also an veteran player, and I don't seem to recall you having any problems with him either. Only Angus and Bigjuan have so far created a problem for us, and, had you been playing longer, you would know that this is just how they act sometimes. I do not condone their actions, which should be obvious from my previous posts on this and other topics, but regardless this is how they play. They have also been known to help people, in fact one of Angus' other characters gave me a rescue last night. And while I've had my share of trouble with Bigjuan, he can also be a good guy at times.
Keep in mind I am not trying to justify their actions, and I want the MAngband community to grow just as much as(if not more than) the newer players.
I also do not have anything against you Fink, but I am slightly offended by your generalization of MAngband's veteran players, which is why I responded to your post like this.

Hope to play you in game soon.

-Avenger

Crimson
King Lich

Re: BigJuan is a Punk!

Post by Crimson » Sat 18.02.2006, 12:59

Well said.

Out of what has become a very long thread, a few good points have popped in, and some solid suggestions.

The next version will *probably* prohibit pvp in town, it will *probably* not allow pvp ghost kills, and it will *possibly* incur a penalty of some sort to the agressor in a pvp situation (maybe, say, 100k exp..., just a thought, don't have  a cow.).  It will almost *certainly* give warning when you've been targeted by a player with any existing PVP on his hands, much like the red X some games feature for known player killers. (and maybe I can arrange that they have a different symbol and color, or something).
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator